The Shire of Dardanup and the Dardanup Roadwise Committee are committed to reducing road trauma on our roads.
Through WALGA’s RoadWise, Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign we are helping to raise awareness about the importance of road safety during the upcoming Christmas and New Year holiday period.
The campaign launched on Sunday, November 19 to coincide with the United Nations endorsed, World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims and runs until Friday, January 5, 2018.
Residents are encouraged to wear a free road ribbon to help raise awareness of road safety in WA.
Road Ribbons are available at the Shire of Dardanup’s Administration Centre, Eaton or Dardanup Office and the Eaton Community Library.
Creating a safer transport system for all is a shared responsibility and we can all play a role.
In particular, remind yourself and your loved ones to:
- Turn off your mobile phone before driving
- Adapt your speed for the weather, light, traffic and road conditions
- Belt up when travelling in a vehicle
- Take a break, have a rest or if possible swap drivers. Visit one of the many Driver Reviver and Coffee Stop locations around the state
- If you are planning to drink, arrange a skipper
For more information on the Road Ribbon for Road Safety® campaign, visit the RoadWise website