Does your cat need microchipping or sterilisation?
During September, the Shire of Dardanup is teaming up with local vets to offer HUGE discounts on both procedures for male and female cats.
We’re calling it 30 Cats in 30 Days – a campaign to reduce the number of accidental cat pregnancies resulting in too many kittens without homes in our community.
We’re hoping at least 30 cats during September and their owners will benefit from the discounts.
Here’s the deal:
We’ll supply you with a voucher for the below amount. Present to your vet as a discount on their total fee.
|STERILISATION – FEMALE CAT||$125/cat|
(BOTH MALE & FEMALE)
Access this valuable discount voucher in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the registration form contained in this brochure. Or collect a hard copy from the Administration Centre, Eaton or Dardanup Office.
- Provide proof of address which will be assessed on the spot for eligibility
- If approved, you will be given a voucher for presentation to a local vet. The vet will apply the voucher as a discount on their total fee. Vets will then invoice the Shire of Dardanup to compensate them for the voucher amount.
All three vets located within the Shire of Dardanup have indicated their support for the campaign and willingness to participate.
Once your cat is sterilised and microchipped, please register your cat with the Shire at your earliest convenience which is a requirement under the Cat Act 2011.
Benefits of De-Sexing Cats
A de-sexed cat is less likely to:
- Wander or run away, especially males.
- Contract Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) through territorial fighting with other cats that may have the virus.
- Develop certain types of tumours such as uterine, ovarian and mammary cancer in females and possible testicular cancer in males
- Get in fights over territory or mating partners. This reduces injuries such as abscesses, car trauma and infected wounds which are often serious and sometimes fatal.
- Express anti-social behaviour towards people or other animals.
- Spray or mark its territory, which is often around the house.
Shire of Dardanup Vets
Eaton Pet Veterinary Clinic
7 Millard Street, Eaton
Ph: 9725 2008
Eaton Veterinary Clinic
6 Cassowary Bend
Ph: 9725 0399
Dardanup Veterinary Centre
2 Charlotte Street, Dardanup
Ph: 9728 0132