Here you will find information on major projects currently being undertaken by the Shire of Dardanup.
CITY OF WANJU & WATERLOO INDUSTRIAL PARK
The Shire of Dardanup in partnership with the WA Department of Planning have prepared a District Level Structure Plan for:
- City-sized urban development opposite Millbridge between the Australind Bypass and South Western Highway, covering 1,245 hectares
- Industrial Estate east of Picton covering 1600 hectares
> See Map
EATON FORESHORE REDEVELOPMENT
Council adopted the Eaton Foreshore & Boat Ramp Facility Master Plan at its meeting on September 24, 2015.
A $540,000 Stage 1 addressed the area east of the boat ramp car park and included:
- Installation of new toilet facilities and demolition of old toilet facilities – complete
- Hydro-zoning of irrigation and pathways in immediate vicinity – complete
- Installation of nature play playground – complete
Read this previous post about the playground opening in July, 2016.
The $710,000 Stage 2 of the Plan involved a boat ramp car park upgrade, completed in 2017.
Future stages of the Plan will be rolled out over several years with timing dependent on funding availability.
Detailed designs for Stage 3 of the Plan are now being prepared. Listed for attention are landscaping, garden beds, lighting and irrigation, river walkway and a proposed dog exercise area.
The Master Plan is a guide for the future development of boating facilities and the foreshore reserve.
It was developed through the Eaton Townscape Committee by landscape architect Workroom in consultation with the Department of Transport (boating facilities) and after two public meetings and submission periods.
The Council has allocated just over $250,000 in its current Budget for construction of some components of the Master Plan.
For information on the Shire of Dardanup’s schedule of Road Projects, please visit our Road Projects page.