The Shire of Dardanup Planning Services Division assesses Planning Applications and Proposals against a series of Planning Strategies and Guides which have been endorsed by Council. The below provides more information on each or you can skip to detailed instructions on making a Planning Application.
TOWN PLANNING SCHEME NO 3
Town Planning Scheme No 3 is the key document used to guide land use and development in the Shire of Dardanup. It specifies how the land may be used (zones) and developed and outlines the processes to be followed before development can occur.
The Scheme currently provides for the following zones:
- Residential, Development, Short-Stay Residential
- Tourist, Small Holding, General Farming
- Mixed Business, Business-Commercial, Mixed Use
- Light Industry, General Industry, Noxious and Hazardous
- School, Public Utilities, Recreation
- Other Community, Special Use, Additional Use
Each zone is colour-coded and its location/s can be found on the Scheme Maps.
The Scheme Text provides a range of development standards depending on the type and location of the development or land use.
Our expert Planners, apply the Town Planning Scheme to applications and proposals in conjunction with Scheme Maps, State Planning Policies and the applicable Local Planning Policies and Strategies.
RESIDENTIAL DESIGN CODES
Residential development is also controlled by the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes). The R-Codes provide requirements or guidelines on things like minimum lot sizes, setbacks, site coverage, open space and car parking – depending on the density code allocated to the lot (eg R20, R30 etc)
MAIN GUIDING DOCUMENTS
- Town Planning Scheme No.3
- Local Planning Policies
- State Planning Policies
- Greater Bunbury Region Scheme
- Planning and Development Act 2005
- Joint Town Planning Scheme Text
- Joint Town Planning Scheme Map
- Heritage Strategy 2013-2023