WALK ON THE WILD SIDE PET AND OWNER SELFIE COMPETITION
Walk on the Wild Side, held on the 6th April 2019 at the Eaton Foreshore, is an annual event for animal owners and animal lovers!
To celebrate the special bond shared between pet and owner we are running a pet and owner ‘selfie’ competition as part of this year’s event.
Do you have an unbreakable bond with your pet? Do you want a chance to win a $100 voucher to South West Pets? Then read below!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
WHO MAY ENTER
This competition is open to any person residing in the South West area – except for employees, Councilors of the Shire of Dardanup and their families. People under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian permission to enter the competition.
The Shire of Dardanup will determine winners’ eligibility in its sole discretion. Photographs that do not follow the below requirements will not be entered.
- Photo MUST be a ‘selfie’ – that is, the photo must be taken by the person that is in the photo and they must be holding the camera or selfie stick.
- The photograph MUST include the pet & its owner
- There will be 2 categories for judging:
- Category 1: Best dog & owner selfie competition
- Category 2: Best other pet and owner selfie competition (cats, ferrets, birds, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, reptiles, horses, sheep, goats, cows, pig, ducks, chickens etc.- as long as they are considered pets– not livestock)
- Dogs/cats MUST be registered and microchipped to enter, exotic pet owners must have appropriate licenses. Finalists must be prepared to present animal registration/license details
- Animated social media filters are not permitted to be used on the photos.
- You are permitted to enter more than one selfie if you have another pet, you are not permitted to enter the same pet twice.
- As long as all requirements listed above are followed you are welcome to use your creativity.
- All entries must be received by Sunday 3rd March, 2019.
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
- If emailing your submission, photographs must be in a JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG format. Files submitted may not be larger than 5Mb.
- Digital photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible.
- Photographs should be in focus.
- Image must include pet and owner.
- Winner for each category – $100 voucher to South West Pets Bunbury
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrant must have clicked ‘interested’ or ‘going’ on the Shire of Dardanup Walk on the Wild Side Event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/208636726698482/
- Entries are to be digital images and should be submitted by uploading via private message to the Shire of Dardanup facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/shireofdardanup/
via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries MUST include the following information:
- Owner (person in the photograph)- First and Last name
- First and last name of parent guardian (if entrant is under the age of 18)
- Pet/s name
- Owners residential address
- Owners best contact phone number
- Owners email address
We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
All entries must be received by Sunday 3rd March, 2019.
All entries received will be posted on Shire of Dardanup Facebook Page- the top 5 photographs that get the most Facebook likes out of each category will become finalists.
Finalist photographs for each category will be printed and displayed at the Shire of Dardanup’s Walk on the Wild Side event on Saturday 6th April 2019.
The finalists that receive the most votes at the event on the day will win. People are only permitted to vote once.
All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. For a photo in which a person is recognisable, you must secure a release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to the Shire of Dardanup upon request
Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, by entering the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to the Shire of Dardanup to publicly display, distribute, reproduce, works of the entries, in whole or in part in any media now existing or later developed, for any Shire of Dardanup purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, use on website. The Shire of Dardanup will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.