The Shire of Dardanup has allocated two sites within its boundaries where mobile home owners and caravan users can park free of charge.
Little Street, Dardanup
(No permit required)
Recreational Vehicles (RVs) can camp within the designated bays of the RV Parking Area for a maximum of 24 hours within any six (6) consecutive days.
A limit of 3 vehicles are permitted.
UP TO THREE NIGHTS
Russell Road, Burekup
(Permits are required and are available at the Burekup General Store, 27 Russell Road, Burekup.)
With a permit, Recreational Vehicles (RVs) can camp within the designated bays of the RV Parking Area for a maximum of 72 hours within any six (6) consecutive days.
A limit of 5 vehicles are permitted.
Both are closed on Australia Day, January 26 and during local events.
Both sites have public toilets and access to drinking water.
Signs have been installed at the sites to advertise their availability for overnight parking and outline requirements and limitations associated with using the facilities.
The decision was driven by demand for tourist-related facilities in the Ferguson Valley.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) means a road-registered purpose-built campervan, caravan, bus, coach or other type of vehicle primarily designed to provide occupancy to a person or persons.
RVs must be fully self-contained (on board toilet, shower, washing and cooking facilities must be contained within the vehicle).
- Tents, annexes and temporary structures are not permitted
- Recreational Vehicles are to be within the bays of the RV Parking Area
- Awnings that are fixed to RV or caravan are permitted
- Attachment of poles, ropes or other fixings to a tree or the ground are not permitted
- Authorised Officers may inspect vehicles at any time
- Camp or cooking fires prohibited at all times
- Please use rubbish bins, or take your rubbish with you
- Owners must clean up after their dogs
- Use of generators is not permitted
- Please be considerate of neighbours and ensure that noise from TV, radio and stereos is kept low after 10pm
- Clotheslines external to an RV/caravan are not permitted
- All grey and black-water must be discharged into vehicle holding tanks
- Discharge of wastewater (including greywater) is not permitted
- Sites are not to be reserved and cannot be pre-booked