The anonymous donation of $50,000 towards expansion of the Colin Spragg Adventure Playground on Eaton Foreshore has prompted the Shire of Dardanup to initiate a $200,000 project to provide further improvements.
Included in the proposed improvements, and endorsed by Council at its meeting on August 29 were:
- Playground Flying Fox
- Installation of shelter over barbecues adjacent to the playground
- Installation of shade sails over the playground area
- Additional rubber softfall surface
Completion of the full project will require additional grant funding which Shire of Dardanup staff have begun work on securing.
Council agreed that works would not proceed until the grant funding had been confirmed.
In addition to the anonymous public donation and a potential grant, improvements to the nature playground will be funded by:
- $2,000 contribution from Lions Club of Eaton for shelter over the new accessible barbecue
- $65,700 in funds remaining from the Eaton Foreshore & Boat Ramp Facility Master Plan – Stage 2.
Stay tuned for more project updates as this one progresses…