A $2 million renovation of sporting facilities at the Eaton Bowling Club will be guided by the input and ideas of a newly-formed Working Group established by the Shire of Dardanup.
Funding for the project was promised by the State Government in the lead-up to the last election and last week, Minister for Sport and Recreation and Seniors Mick Murray handed over a $50,000 instalment as a sign of continued commitment.
Further funds have been promised in the 2018/19 State Budget.
Members of the Working Group are Councillors Carmel Boyce and Tyrrell Gardiner, plus four members of the Eaton Bowling and Social Club and Shire staff as required.
The group has been charged with developing a project scope and designs and will provide recommendations to the Eaton Sports Committee who then make recommendations to Council for consideration and endorsement.
Ideas previously floated for inclusion in the project during discussions between the club and the Shire of Dardanup included:
- Creating a community hub with co-location of other community groups and clubs
- Facilities like a commercial kitchen and licensed bar to create a function venue that could be hired by the community for events
- Facilities available for lease like a café, conference rooms
- Match office with views of the green
- Member changerooms and lockers
- Viewing deck of the greens.
Stay tuned for further updates as the project progresses…