The Dardanup Waste Transfer Station and Recycle Tip Shop are located on Banksia Road, Dardanup.
The Site is sign-posted from the Dardanup townsite.
> See Map
The Site is open;
|Monday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Wednesday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Friday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Saturday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Sunday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
The Site is closed New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, ANZAC Day and Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Last load is accepted at 3:50pm daily. Changes to the schedule are posted on this web site.
WASTE TRANSFER STATION
The Shire provides this service for general domestic waste, minor commercial waste disposal and domestic green waste disposal.
- General waste is sent off-site for disposal
- Green waste is processed into compost on-site and later used on a number of Councils sites.
- Recycling is either sent off site for processing or re-sold thorough the Tip Shop.
Fees apply for waste disposal including specific fees for tyres, mattresses, fridges that are NOT de-gassed and special wastes.
DISPOSE FREE OF CHARGE
Free drop-off is available for the following items:
- Car batteries
- Used motor oil (up to 60L)
- Clean Drum Muster containers
- Household chemicals, paints
- Fluorescent lights
- Scrap metal
Fridges, freezers and air-conditioners must be de-gassed. Appliances containing refrigeration gasses will not be accepted in the scrap steel area. A $15 fee applies for appliances that are NOT de-gassed.
The Tip Shop (currently open air) has been a feature at the site since 1998. Second hand, pre loved and recycled items salvaged from households before they end up in landfill can be purchased by the public at a very reasonable price.
There is always a range of weird and wonderful items to view.
The Site also features a range of FREE recycling solutions for;
- House Hold Chemicals, Fluro lights
- Drum Muster Chemical Drums
- Used motor oil up to 40 L
- ANY metals, aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel.
For Televisions, computers and mobile phones, visit our Electronic Waste page.
The site has a number of recycle bins for the drop off of household quantities of recyclable items. Rural residents or residents who have accumulated excess recycling can place recycling into the bins provided at a very cheap rate.
Recyclable items include;
- Newspapers, magazines and office paper
- Cardboard (boxes MUST be flat packed)
- Glass Bottles caps and corks must be removed
- Aluminum and steel cans and foil trays
For further information please see brochure link below or Contact Us