Rangers enforce the Litter Act 1979 in the Shire of Dardanup and penalties may apply if litter is not disposed of appropriately.
Litter can take many forms:
- Rubbish thrown from a moving vehicle or by pedestrians
- Building rubbish, household rubbish or greenwaste placed on street verges
- Placing advertising materials on vehicle windscreens
- Dumped shopping trolleys
- Improperly disposing of used syringes
- Abandoned vehicles
- Disregarded cigarette butts
Read this previous post to our website regarding illegal dumping.