For detailed information on the Shire of Dardanup’s response to COVID-19, please visit our dedicated
#UPDATED 18 January, 2022
- Wear a face mask indoors
- Practise physical distancing
- Practise good personal hygiene
- Stay home if unwell and if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms get tested for COVID-19
- Use the SafeWA or ServiceWA app to check in
- Carry your Proof of Vaccination for entry to some venues.
COVID-19 – What we know
The Government of Western Australia has declared a State of Emergency and a Public Health Emergency in response to COVID-19 Coronavirus. The Prime Minister has activated the Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) .
The Australian Government’s health response to the COVID-19 outbreak aims to:
- Minimise the number of people becoming infected or sick with COVID-19
- Minimise how sick people become and the mortality rate
- Manage the demand on our health systems
- Help you to manage your own risk and the risk to your families and communities
As a result, a range of directives have been issued by the Federal Government as part of containment measures and new directives are being issued on a regular basis as the situation is changing rapidly.
For important DAILY UPDATES from the State and Federal Governments on measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Australia, please visit the below links:
Businesses may find resources available at the below links helpful:
- Federal Treasury
- WA Small Business Development Corporation
- Advice for Food Businesses from the Shire of Dardanup
For individuals seeking financial assistance due to the impact of COVID-19 visit:
What we don’t know
- How widespread the virus will be
- What further measures the Federal and State Governments will implement to contain spread of the virus
- What impact these containment measures will have on our daily lives and how long this will last
What we are doing about it
The Shire of Dardanup activated its Business Continuity Plan & Procedure, actioned by its Incident Management Team.
Various Council facilities and services were closed and then re-opened to the public in line with directives from the State and Federal Government.
Some community events during 2020 had to be cancelled and/or postponed. All events planning now includes a Covid Safety Plan.
Join our ‘I Heart Dardanup’ Facebook Group via this link.
This is a group to connect people living in all corners of the Shire of Dardanup (and our near neighbours) to each other during a time when many might be impacted by social isolation. It’s a tough time but the way we can get through this is TOGETHER! This is a place we can share and discuss information that impacts us locally, connect carers and volunteers with those in need and help keep our spirits high. Local businesses are welcome to share products or services that may be of particular interest at this time. Join in polls, watch live workshop presentations and more. It’s also a place to share our love of where we live. #iheartdardanup
What we would like you to do
Please visit regularly the Australia Federal Department of Health for comprehensive information and resources on protecting yourself and others from COVID-19.
In particular practice:
- Good hygiene
- Social distancing