- For more comprehensive information on this topic, please visit our new COVID-19 Information Hub.
Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our community during this time and we are taking advice and directives from the Federal and State Governments with acknowledgement the situation is changing rapidly.
While some services such as big events have been scaled back or even cancelled, we’re looking at ways to enhance other services at a time when our community may be feeling particularly isolated.
This page will be updated daily as further changes and initiatives are introduced so please check back regularly.
COVID-19 – What we know
The Government of Western Australia has declared a State of Emergency and a Public Health Emergency in response to COVID-19 Coronavirus. The Prime Minister has activated the Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) .
The Australian Government’s health response to the COVID-19 outbreak aims to:
- Minimise the number of people becoming infected or sick with COVID-19
- Minimise how sick people become and the mortality rate
- Manage the demand on our health systems
- Help you to manage your own risk and the risk to your families and communities
As a result, a range of directives have been issued by the Federal Government as part of containment measures and new directives are being issued on a regular basis as the situation is changing rapidly.
For important DAILY UPDATES from the State and Federal Governments on measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in Australia and flatten the curve, please visit the below links:
Businesses may find resources available at the below links helpful:
- Federal Treasury
- WA Small Business Development Corporation
- Advice for Food Businesses from the Shire of Dardanup
For individuals seeking financial assistance due to the impact of COVID-19 visit:
What we don’t know
- How widespread the virus will be
- What further measures the Federal and State Governments will implement to contain spread of the virus
- What impact these containment measures will have on our daily lives and how long this will last
What we are doing about it
The Shire of Dardanup has activated its Business Continuity Plan & Procedure, actioned by its Incident Management Team.
In line with Federal and State Government directives the Shire of Dardanup’s IMT has closed access by the public to the following facilities:
|Buildings||Administration Centre, Eaton|
|Eaton Recreation Centre|
|Eaton Community Library|
|Football Pavilion, Eaton|
|Softball Pavilion, Eaton|
|Eaton Junior Football Club|
|Don Hewison Centre|
|Eaton Bowling Club|
|Dardanup Tennis Club|
|Dardanup Sporting Club|
|Dardanup Equestrian Centre|
|Eaton Family Centre (*please note Child Health Clinic attached still operating under strict guidelines)|
|Facilities||All playgrounds and outdoor exercise equipment|
|Banksia Road Transfer Station Tip Shop|
|Eaton Tennis Club|
|Watson Street Reserve|
In line with Federal and State Government directives the Shire of Dardanup IMT has cancelled or postponed the following events:
- Conquer the Concrete
- Walk on the Wild Side
- Seed & Plant Swap : postponed
- Dardanup Art Spectacular
- Dardanup Social Dance
- Dardanup ANZAC Day Service
Join our new ‘I Heart Dardanup’ Facebook Group via this link.
This is a group to connect people living in all corners of the Shire of Dardanup (and our near neighbours) to each other during a time when many might be impacted by social isolation. It’s a tough time but the way we can get through this is TOGETHER! This is a place we can share and discuss information that impacts us locally, connect carers and volunteers with those in need and help keep our spirits high. Local businesses are welcome to share products or services that may be of particular interest at this time. Join in polls, watch live workshop presentations and more. It’s also a place to share our love of where we live. #iheartdardanup
EATON RECREATION CENTRE & 24HOUR GYM
- Direct Debit Members – your membership payments and access will be suspended immediately until further notice. No action is required, we will suspend on your behalf.
- Fixed Term Members – your membership access will be suspended immediately until further notice and the suspension time added onto the end of your membership. No action is required,
- we will suspend on your behalf.
- Teenfit members will receive a credit for cancelled classes.
- Anyone with creche passes will still be able to utilise them in the future as they will not expire.
- Eaton Community College will still be accessing the sports courts on a daily basis while the school remains open.
- We still have administration staff at the Centre to answer your calls, emails and FB messages.
- New Mobile Library & Delivery Service for Shire of Dardanup residents only. Visit this link for more information and registration.
- Provision of a Library Helpdesk from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Phone: 9724 0470 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library patrons have access to ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies etc Visit this link to access.
- Subscribe to our newsletter for further updates.
What we would like you to do
Please visit regularly the Australia Federal Department of Health for comprehensive information and resources on protecting yourself and others from COVID-19.
In particular practice:
- Good hygiene
- Social distancing