Emergencies are unexpected and can be devastating to communities.
The Shire of Dardanup undertakes significant work in a variety of areas to help prevent an Emergency here, or at least, reduce its potential severity.
Specific prevention measures include:
- Enforcement of Local Laws (such as Fire Prevention Orders)
- Town Planning
- Controlled burning
- Public Education
And there is also plenty individuals can do to help.
Ensuring maintenance of your property is kept up-to-date can alleviate the potential for thousands in damage bills from storms, flood or fire.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services provides a range of hazard prevention campaigns and programs to raise safety awareness in the community.
The Shire of Dardanup actively promotes preparedness for emergency situations by:
- Preparing Plans such as the Local Area Management Arrangements
- Training emergency services personnel
- Fostering volunteer emergency services groups
- Fostering public awareness programs
The Shire of Dardanup makes its staff and resources available for response to an emergency situation.