Frequently Asked Questions – Grants
What is eligible for funding?
The following are eligible for funding:
- Promotion and advertising
- Event or conference sponsorship, and award ceremonies
- Traffic management
- Waste management
- Entertainment, artist and/or talent fees
- Facilitator fees
- Professional fees for services required for one-off events and activities, such as consultant fees
- Venue hire
- First aid
- Portable toilets, public use only
- Equipment hire
- The purchase of capital equipment and minor assets
- Materials and resources
- Repairs and maintenance to facilities and assets
- Insurances, licences and permits required for one-off events and activities (excluding liquor licensing)
- Shire of Dardanup in-kind services on application. Any in-kind funding requested must be discussed with a council officer and is subject to availability and approval by the Chief Executive Officer.
What is NOT eligible for funding?
Funding will not be available for the following:
- Ongoing operational costs including salaries and wages
- Ongoing operational expenses
- Retrospective funding or items already ordered
- Deficit funding – for organisations that are experiencing a shortfall in cash or revenue or anticipated revenue
- State or Commonwealth Government Departments or Agencies, or profit-based business enterprises
- Events that are not open for attendance by the general public
- Team uniforms
- Personal travel
- Activities that exclude or offend minority groups within the Shire of Dardanup
- Activities that already receive Shire of Dardanup funding the same financial year
- Applications that conflict with the Shire of Dardanup Strategic Community Plan.
If a satisfactory acquittal has not been submitted for previously funded applicants no further grants will be made available to the applicant.
Who can apply?
- For all Community and Community Event Grants, not-for-profit incorporated community groups and organisations are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be based within the Shire of Dardanup, or the majority of members of the application organisation are residents of the Shire of Dardanup, or the application organisation provides a benefit to residents and/or business owners within the Shire.
- For Regional Event Grants community groups, organisations and businesses who can demonstrate the capacity to run quality, well-organised events are eligible to apply.
How can I get more information?
Contact the Shire of Dardanup on 9724 0000 or email email@example.com
How do I apply?
Applications must be made on the following forms and submitted within the timeframes. Applications can be submitted:
- in person to the Shire office located at: 1 Council Drive, Eaton 6232
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- via post to: The Shire of Dardanup, PO Box 7061, EATON WA 6232
What is the assessment procedure?
The application and assessment procedure is:
- Applications must be made on the prescribed forms and within the timeframe specified.
- Applications for Community Grants (Level 1) and Community Events (Level 1) will be assessed by the Manager Place & Community Engagement and
- Director Sustainable Development and referred to the Chief Executive Officer for determination under the delegation of Council. Decision on applications will be made within 6 weeks of receiving application.
- Applications for Community Grants (Levels 2 & 3) and Community Events (Levels 2 & 3) will be assessed by the Manager Place & Community Engagement and referred to the Grants, Awards & Scholarships Committee for determination. All applications will be presented to Council for final approval. Approval process takes a minimum of six weeks.
- Applications for Regional Event Grants will be assessed by the Manage Place & Community Engagement and referred to Council for determination.
- Approval process takes a minimum of six weeks.
- All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application for Shire of Dardanup assistance.
- Decisions regarding funding applications are final and will not be reconsidered in that funding round.
- A Form 116 – Grant Acquittal – Community Grant or Personal Development Grant and supporting documentation of the total expenditure must be submitted to the Shire of Dardanup, within one month of the completion of the project.