We’re looking for a stand-out artist who can bring to life the unique stories of our community in a captivating public art trail capable of establishing the shire as an arts destination.
Our selected artist-in-residence will get creative and lead discussions with our community on developing plans for a Ferguson Valley Public Art Trail.
It’s all part of our commitment to increasing community participation in, and connection with the arts.
The trail would contribute to well-established work by the Dardanup Arts Spectacular to create an arts buzz in the community and provide a connection to the new high-profile Wellington Dam mural in nearby Wellington Forest.
Our artist in residence will be engaged for a minimum of four weeks to working closely with a diverse section of the Dardanup and Ferguson Valley communities.
Together the artist and the community will:
- Identify an objective and overall approach to the art trail including theme/s, with consideration to the place and its stories
- Recommend suitable art forms and mediums
- Identify suitable sites
- Determine the number of artworks to be included
- Produce a concept plan for the art trail that can be implemented in a stages approach over time as funding becomes available
- Develop a process for artist selection and artwork installation
- Identify potential artists
Artists interested in being involved can read more detail about the project and submission requirements in this Request for Proposal document.
Once an artist is selected for the project, Shire Staff will apply for funding support from external sources.