The Dardanup Waste Transfer Station and Recycle Tip Shop are located on Banksia Road, Dardanup.
The Site is signposted from the Dardanup town site.
> See Map
The Site is open;
|Monday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Wednesday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Friday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Saturday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
|Sunday||8.30am – 4.00pm|
The Site is closed New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, ANZAC Day and Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Last load is accepted at 3:50pm daily. Changes to the schedule are posted on this web site.
WASTE TRANSFER STATION
The Shire provides this service for general domestic waste, minor commercial waste disposal and domestic green waste disposal.
- General waste is sent off-site for disposal
- Green waste is processed into compost on-site and later used on a number of Councils sites.
- Recycling is either sent off site for processing or re-sold thorough the Tip Shop.
Fees apply for waste disposal including specific fees for tyres, mattresses, fridges that are NOT de-gassed and special wastes.
The Tip Shop has been a feature at the site since 1998. Second hand, pre loved and recycled items salvaged from households before they end up in landfill can be purchased by the public at a very reasonable price.
A selection of pre-loved items include:
- Bikes, gym and sporting equipment
- household furniture and doors
- plastic pot plant pots, BBQ’s
- books and magazines
- collectables and antiques
- limited tiles and building products
- kitchen utensils, cutlery and crockery
- Garage and Shed “fillers”
There is always a range of weird and wonderful items to view.
The Site also features a range of FREE recycling solutions for;
- House Hold Chemicals, Fluro lights
- Drum Muster Chemical Drums
- Used motor oil up to 40 L
- ANY metals, aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel.
For Televisions, computers and mobile phones, visit our Electronic Waste page.
The site has a number of recycle bins for the drop off of household quantities of recyclable items. Rural residents or residents who have accumulated excess recycling can place recycling into the bins provided at a very cheap rate.
Recyclable items include;
- Newspapers, magazines and office paper
- Cardboard (boxes MUST be flat packed)
- Plastics with Recycle codes 1 to 6
- Glass Bottles caps and corks must be removed
- Aluminum and steel cans and foil trays
Commercial operation may access the service however fees will apply for bulk recyclables.
For further information please see brochure link below or Contact Us