The Shire of Dardanup Rangers provide general information for responsible cat ownership.
The Shire of Dardanup encourages responsible cat ownership. There are a number of practical ways that you can contribute to being a responsible cat owner. These include:
- Desex your cat at a young age in order to reduce unwanted pregnancies and territorial fighting habits;
- Keep your cat confined to your property, particularly at night when most hunting and nuisance occurs. Cats roaming are subject to an increased risk of injury and physical attack by both dogs and cats;
- Cats can be turned into content indoor pets by installing a cat enclosure in your yard;
- Be mindful of your neighbour’s rights. Not all neighbours enjoy cats roaming on their property. It’s a good idea to ask your neighbours if your cat is an annoyance;
- Identify your cat with collar and current registration tag and a micro-chip; and
- Placing a bell on the cat’s collar will provide a warning to the creature that is being stalked.
You will find some more helpful information in the brochure link below: